(AWAITING UPDATE ONCE WE RELAUNCH)
At the Adopted Vegan we understand the importance of the environment and that we have to care for it. Because of this we strive to minimise our negative impact on the environment any way we can and we will continue to work towards improving ourselves as much as we can.
Ways we try to minimise our environmental impact:
- Instead of using standard plastic piping beads we use either biodegradable piping bags or our reusable silicone piping bags.
- Instead of bubble wrap to cushion our products we use textured accordion paper which is recyclable and biodegradable
- Rather than plastic coated labels ours are completely biodegradable and recyclable.
- Our packing peanuts are made from plant starch and can be dissolved in water and poured down the sink
- We minimise unnecessary packaging to reduce waste, this also keeps our packages as light as possible to reduce transport emissions.
- By shipping weekly we can reduce transport emissions fo travelling to post office or having packages collected.
- We use paper towel which has been recycled as well as reusable cleaning cloths to reduce waste from cleaning products.
- Instead of using parchment paper we use reusable silicone baking sheets to bake or macarons to reduce unnecessary waste.
- When we can we select suppliers who use less packaging and purchase in bulk.